Vegan Thai Fusion Rolls
|20 min||serves for 2||5 sheets organic rice paper|
1 large carrot, Julienned
1 medium cucumber, Julienned
1 cup organic rice noodles
Half palm thai basil
1/2 cup mixed salad leaves
For the chilli sauce:
1 tbsp agave nectar
First make the dipping sauce.
1. Place the agave nectar, vinegar and water in a small pan.
2. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then boil rapidly until it forms a light syrup.
3. Stir in the chillies and leave to cool.
For the noodles:
1.Place all your rice noodles in a deep mixing bowl.
2. Bring a good amount of water to boil. Pour the boiling water over the rice noodles until they are completely submerged.
3. Every minute or two, give the noodles a stir to loosen them up.
4. Once the noodles are tender, drain them and run them under cool water to stop the cooking.
For the spring rolls:
1. Soften the spring roll wrappers with 1 cup of water.
2. Take one spring roll wrapper and arrange it so that it faces you in a diamond shape.
3. Put the julienne vegetables and rice noodles in the centre, then fold up the bottom point over the filling.
7. Fold in each side, then roll up tightly. Brush the end with beaten egg white to seal. Repeat until all the filling has been used up.
9. Serve with the sweet chilli dipping sauce.